The rig consists of the following pieces and parts.
- MAST: Spine (support) where the sail is hoisted.
- BOOM: Double bar placed horizontally that supports the sail and allows you to steer it. It has two parts: port (red) and starboard (green).
- SAIL: Large piece of fabric that allows the user to catch the wind and propels the board.
- UPHAUL: Rope that allows you to pull the rig out of the water.
- BATTENS: The firm beams that give the sail its aerodynamic shape.
- LEECH: The trailing edge of the sail whose end is attached to the board.
- CLEW: Low rear corner of the sail that attaches to the boom.
- MAST FOOT: Lowest part of the rig that connects it to your board.